From the beginning
Where we are now
The Bridge Church is an active part of The Church of God movement which began over one hundred years ago in the humble hearts of earnest believers in the rural mountains of Cherokee County, North Carolina. Following a miracle-filled revival that took place in a schoolhouse near Camp Creek in 1886, a small congregation formed a Christian Union to pray and study the scriptures. Soon led by an energetic young pastor from Indiana named A.J. Tomlinson, the group was more formally organized in 1903 into the Church of God and relocated its headquarters to neighboring Cleveland, Tennessee the following year. From Appalachia to the World, the century that followed saw great growth in all the branches of this movement.
We are in an exciting time in our church history. Recently we moved onto the Bridge campus at 2303 Norwood St. in Marshall where we have a Kitchen, Gym, Escape rooms, Youth rooms, Media room, and many more possibilities for growth and ministry. We are growing in grace and excited about our journey!
What We Believe
Our Church bases it's beliefs on “the whole Bible rightly divided.” We accept the Bible as God’s Holy Word, inspired, inerrant, and infallible. We believe the Bible to be God’s written revelation of Himself to mankind and our guide in all matters of faith; therefore, we look to the Bible as our highest authority for doctrine, practice, organization, and discipline.